Thursday, July 31, 2014

Today, The Day for Public Accountability!

Today is the day!

Today I go public with my struggles of weight loss over the last two years, today I get serious. So let me jump right in, I didn't ever really care about my weight. I was always that fun, loud, big black girl who was just that and everyone liked me for who I was. It wasn't until May of 2012 right before graduation that I went to the doctor for something and I stepped on the scale. When the nurse said those numbers to herself as she wrote it down on her clipboard I almost cried. The nurse said "285"... 285LBS that was it, 285lbs is only 15lbs away from 300lbs. That was scary. At that point I knew I needed to be more responsible. I didn't live at home, I couldn't blame my mom and I had a free gym to utilize at college. It was all up to me. From there I started to pay more attention to food, exercised sometimes. But for the most part I didn't get really serious until 2013. In January 2013 I started working a second job a gym. Once I started working there I got a discount on personal training and had a free membership. By October 2013 I was about 240 lbs and really proud of myself. But a couple months ago I wasn't working out as often and wasn't having personal training sessions. In the middle of June I noticed I was 255lbs and I wasn't ok with that. Especially because I have a trip to Hawaii in August. So I decided to try something I've done before but always kind of cheated on or didn't do wholeheartedly. Monday June 28th 2014 I started my third 24 day challenge through Advocare. Previously I've always only lost 10-15lbs, this may sound good but I know I can do better. Today is my 4th day and I haven't cheated. I will continue to post about my weight loss journey with the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment